My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

It Gives A Lovely Light...

Ahhh back in Brooklyn,
where I am more or less in charge of my exits
and entrances for the time being,
can more or less eat and sleep
what and where and when I want~
after a week in the land of tame oceans, elegant
brownstones and prestigious colleges.
Highlights:
reading Edna St. Vincent Millay's poems
by flashlight on the walk to her grave,
lying in a field of thyme,
the framed marriage vows on the wall in a suburban house:
I will always try to listen to you with an open mind
even when I know I'm right,
jumping in Walden pond in undergarments,
a temporary gazebo on a white sand beach,
sipping chilled Hendrick's over a Roman parking lot,
folding back a vaginal colored cloth that said:
Visitors May Fold Back Cloth

to read letters at the Gardiner museum,
sneaking a picture of the Titian on my cellphone,
almost getting locked in the drum at the Atheneum
while reading Lowell on the transparent floor,
an old black and white photograph of my parents when they were dating
at 22; she's sprawled out on a lawn chair while he looks lovingly up...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home