My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Monday, April 03, 2006

late at night on vicodin

I was trying to find a way to stay afloat. The whole house became a boat. I slept next to the man who paddled. He asked if he could get me anything. I wanted orange juice. I told my doctor I wanted to try the head kind and the whole session came back as one big ellipses. The scariest thing is to love someone more than they love you. The scariest thing is for someone to love you more than you love them. The whole house became a boat. The lesbian at the party talked about French theory. As she became increasingly articulate, her face lost its sensual appeal. They lay down and spoke across me like lovers. We were all alternately beautiful and ugly. Pregnancy loomed like the ocean, which became a wild river. There was a dog, an alligator; really, there was real danger. We started on land but had to get away. He is many people and I'm not sure who's coming. The scariest thing is being heavy with significance and losing track of love. We were afloat, the whole house, on the river. We were staying afloat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home