My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Monday, September 19, 2005

dream

that Anne calls me stuck in traffic. She hates California. We joke that maybe the cars will move slow enough that she can do yoga. She has a revelation that she wants to move to Japan. When I ask why she says because Japan is ready; we are not ready. I tell her I concur, that I flew over Tokyo once, looked down and thought: "ready." I ask for examples and she says that she's taking a course and they assigned "The Norton Anthology of the Best Historical Essays...they would never do that in Japan." I worry because I have assigned anthologies in my writing courses. I ask what her plans are and she says if she ever gets out of traffic she has to meet people to do something she can't talk about. I protest and she says well you should know you asked everyone to get you that necklace for your birthday. Then my stepfather is in a kitchen holding it up, a ridiculous $2000 saphire necklace I wanted everyone in my life to contribute to. He proceeds to wash the dishes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tim Earley said...

Your blog is very necorphiliacal. Do you need cookery? Or house wares? Or junkets? Or fuzzy stamps? Visit my blog. Like, check it out.

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home