My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Sunday, August 07, 2005

California

Today I swam in the long blue pool on the campus where I landed here in California. A man found me from New York and wrote me a letter. I'm suspended somewhere between two lives, growing increasingly comfortable on this beam. Another man came up to me at a party tonight, said, excuse me, I'm in love with your face. The fog hung around the hill. There were tiny black and white photographs on the spice rack. I am the woman I set out to be: an artist, free. But now I want more. I look for the man I sit in a closed room with outside in the world. Is his face in the clock, the silver car? California is a highway. I'm looking for a home: rainwater, jasmine. Eucalyptus flower. Let down your hair. I like to see a sad woman loved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home